The Forklift Training Centre Limited © 2016 All rights reserved. — The Forklift Training Centre Limited - Company Registered England 7467533
The Forklift Training Centre Limited
Terms & Conditions
THE FORKLIFT TRAINING CENTRE LIMITED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(1) The terms and conditions of trade of The Forklift Training Centre Ltd (hereafter called the Company) are contained herein. Orders accepted subject to the Terms and Conditions. If any document placing an order on the Company includes or refers to other terms and conditions of contract then these shall not apply unless agreed in writing by the Company.
No addition to or variation of these conditions will bind the Company unless it is specifically agreed in writing signed by a Director or authorised Manager of the Company. These terms and conditions will form the basis of all contracts with the Company, unless otherwise specified by the Company. These terms and conditions are correct at the date shown on the relevant course booking form but the Company reserves the right to vary them without notice. An updated copy will be supplied to the client if applicable.
Training Courses - Delegates Requirements
(2) Where the training being provided is other than theoretical, delegates must provide, unless previously agreed by the Company, their own overalls, safety helmets, protective gloves, safety footwear, waterproof clothing, safety glasses/visor, ear defenders and any other personal safety equipment required. Delegates must be physically capable of withstanding the rigours of training. If there are any doubts relating to this, the Company may refer the delegate to a GP at no cost to the Company. The onus is entirely with the delegate to ensure his or her fitness to undergo training and the Company does not accept any responsibility in this regard. Equipment owned by or leased/lent to the Company must not be removed from the training environment. Any damage to Company equipment or property caused by delegates will be invoiced to the relevant client. Certificates are awarded at the discretion of the Company, and only to those who successfully complete the training satisfactorily. Certificates are not issued purely for attendance unless otherwise agreed prior to course commencement in which case appropriate wording will be used on the certificate. Delegates are required to be punctual at all courses and sessions. Consumption of alcohol or non-prescription drugs is not permitted during training nor should they be consumed immediately prior to training. The Company will refuse to train any delegates who infringe this condition and will require them to leave Company premises. Where a delegate is undergoing a course of prescribed drugs they should inform the Company of the nature of the drug and any side effects. The Company may then seek assurance that training can be carried out without risk. The decision of the Company in relation to this is final.
(3) Trainee operator commits to conducting themselves in an appropriate manner: The Forklift Training Centre Ltd reserve the right to terminate a course without notice should they, in their reasonable discretion, decide that a Trainee has acted or behaved inappropriately, including but not limited to verbal and physical abuse towards The Forklift Training Centre Ltd, Staff or Training Partner staff. If a Trainee wishes to appeal such a decision they should do so to the Operations Manager, The Forklift Training Centre Ltd, Unit 2 – 2 Warrington road Widnes WA8 0TD.
(4) Training Dates Due to your right to cancel, training dates will only be issued 7-10 working days, after the initial transaction. The trainee undertakes to attend the training course on the agreed date(s). If the trainee wishes to change the agreed date he/she must provide suitable notice and pay the associated change fee- these are at the discretion of The Forklift Training Centre Ltd and prices vary: please contact The Forklift Training Centre Ltd for prices and terms. If the associated change fee is not paid the course will proceed as originally agreed and the result will be recorded as a "Fail" and all monies paid towards the course will be forfeited. (b) In the event that a course or part of a course is cancelled due to instructor illness, The Forklift Training Centre Ltd will rebook any undelivered training at a time convenient for the trainee at no extra cost. (c) In the event that a trainee fails to attend or complete their course for whatsoever reason, including but not limited to certified sickness, all course fees will be forfeited. (d) Specialist Forklift Training reserve the right to amend course dates without any financial penalty-appropriate notice will be provided. (e) All bookings will be confirmed by The Forklift Training Centre Ltd and send to the trainee via post, email or sms. If a trainee has not received confirmation of their agreed booking he/she must contact The Forklift Training Centre Ltd without confirmation from The Forklift Training Centre Ltd in writing there is no proof of booking.
(5) The trainee understands that The Forklift Training Centre Ltd Reserve the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions (T's & C'S) at any time and that the T's & C's prevailing at the time of enquiry applies- this is in accordance with law and does not affect a trainees statutory rights.
(6) Prices Unless otherwise stated, all prices are inclusive of VAT.
(7) Settlement Terms Payment for all training booked and confirmed by the client must be made prior to the training course booked taking place by Credit/Switch Card.
(8) Health and Safety Where training is carried out on the Company's premises or training partner premises, all delegates must conform to and comply with the Health and Safety Policy as laid down by the Company from time to time. Breaches of this policy may result in the delegate being suspended or excluded from the course and premises.
(9) Cancellation and refund policy:
(a) If the Trainee operator cancels their booking within 7 days of paying their initial Registration Fee any monies paid to The Forklift Training Centre Ltd will be refunded in full minus £100 administration fees provided the booking was placed without face-to-face contact – this is in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations, 2000.
(b) Cancellations must be made in writing and sent by Special Delivery to The Forklift Training Centre Ltd, Unit 2 – 2 Warrington road Widnes WA8 0TD. The timescale for all refunds begins from the proof of postage date applied by Royal Mail. We do not accept cancellations via email. Any correspondence regarding refund via email will not be actioned.
(c) The Forklift Training Centre Ltd will endeavour to acknowledge a Trainee operators cancellation letter within 10 working days of receipt. Subsequent communication will outline the company's decision regarding the Trainee operators request for a refund and where a refund payment applies this communication will clarify the date and amount of the refund payment. Once The Forklift Training Centre Ltd and the customer have agreed a refund amount; we will send a letter for you to sign, to agree to the refund. Once The Forklift Training Centre Ltd receives the signed letter, we will issue a cheque for the amount agreed or refund back to the payment card after 21 working days, should we already have a copy of your photo driving license or utility bill. Please refer to clause 7(b) for clarification on when the refund timescale begins
(d) The term 'Course Bookings' and 'Booking' applies to any Trainee operator who has made a full or part-payment towards any course provided by Specialist Forklift Training Ltd. In line with the Distance Selling Regulations, 2005 (amended)
(e) - Requests received within 7 days of initial transaction (unless clause 7(e) applies): £100 admin fee will be deducted from all monies paid. - Requests received after 7 days of initial transaction: a cancellation fee of 50% plus £100 Admin Fee - Requests received after 6 calendar months of initial transaction: a cancellation fee of 100% applies
(f) Trainee can attend the course(s) they have purchased up to 6 months from their initial purchase date – any courses unattended within 6 months of purchase will become null and void with no refund applicable. However, if the Trainee contacts The Forklift Training Centre Ltd in writing before the end of their 6-month contractual period it may be possible to extend their booking – this is at the discretion of The Forklift Training Centre Ltd and the prevailing cost of the training will apply. Any additional fees – along with an accompanying extension fee – must be paid in full in order to extend a Trainee contract period beyond the initial 6-month period
(g) If a Trainee operator has had dates confirmed in writing (via post, email or SMS), the booking is both non-cancellable and non-refundable. If a Trainee operator has had dates confirmed in writing but finds they are unable to attend it may be possible to rearrange their booking – this is at the discretion of The Forklift Training Centre Ltd and will incur a change fee: please contact The Forklift Training Centre Ltd for prices and terms.